Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

TV Dinner Seed Starters

I like to eat Lean Cuisines, Smart Ones, and Healthy Choice meals for lunches.  It's an easy quick lunch for me and I keep all the containers from them, usually to use for my paint palette.  But I have another use for them now.   Seed starters.
I enlisted the help of my little ones who are always ready to play in the dirt.  First I poked a few holes in the bottom of them for drainage.  
Easy enough but be careful.  Then comes the fun part, at least to my girls, fill it with potting soil.

We decided these were big enough to start six plants.  

We covered the seeds and then watered them.

And of course we labeled them.  Once they come up and are ready to plant in the garden we can recycle the containers.  Yum!  I can't wait for all the fresh veggies later this summer.

No comments: