I don't remember what site I saw these on, but it was a few weeks ago and they have just stuck in my head as something I would like to do. And it was soo easy. I didn't measure it and just had Kevin cut a 2x4 where I had marked it. Then he drilled a hole in the top of each block to match the stick I cut for stems. I sanded all three pieces down and rounded the edges a tad. I painted them and glued the stem into place and let them sit to dry. I distressed them with watered down black paint and rubbed it on lightly with a rag. I cut a strip from a remnant and pulled the edges to fray it. Tied it on and voila!